Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Banana Bread and Witnessing!


      I was reading this morning on a blog of one of our Missionaries.  She shared a story of how she has made banana bread and used it to open the door to talk to people about Jesus and coming to their church.  This post really blessed me and challenged me both.  You can read her whole post at 
 http://jolenesupdates.blogspot.com/
      As I was reading her post, I was thinking of who I could maybe do this for.  Not just for witnessing to them but to maybe encourage them, let them know someone cared, missed them, thought of them etc.
     Don't like banana bread, don't bake it, so make a cake, cookies, muffins, it doesn't matter what you take, just that you let them know someone cares.

      Someone cares, but do they know?  I am off to bake and make my list.  I challenge you to do the same, who can you invite to church, encourage, let them know they are missed, let them know someone cares?
 Recipe for Easy Banana Bread 

  • 3 large bananas , well mashed
  • 1 egg
  • 1 stick of butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cup of flour
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1 cup nuts, optional
Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl; put into a well greased loaf pan. Bake at 350° for about 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
 
God bless,
Pat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...