Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Don't wait for "Let me Know"!

   


     I have been talking to some of my friends and family about life and how busy it seems.  We are so busy living life that sometimes I wonder if we are living.  We get so busy sometimes with things that we lose people.
     Have you ever had a friend that you knew was going through something traumatic and you looked at them and said something like, "I am here for you", "Just let me know if I can do anything"? I have done it many times.  But, how many times do you actually do something, do anything?  This was brought to my attention recently and boy it made me think.
     Maybe if we just gave them a hug, sent a card, made the phone call.  Maybe we could just mow the grass we see needs mowing, pick up the paper that is piling up in the yard, drop off some groceries,or so much more.  Instead of asking, "What can I do"?  Do SOMETHING.  Sometimes they may not be even able to think what they need.
     Also, for you the situation may go away in a few days but for them it may last much longer.  Are we just a friend til the funeral is over when they lose a loved one, or do we think of them on holidays, birthdays, anniversaries etc?  They have no choice but to think.  If you are a friend, could you think to?
     Remember, next time it could be you, think how you might feel and what might help you, then do it for a friend.  Don't wait for them to HAVE to ask, just do it......

God bless,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...