Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Statue of Liberty and The Cross of Jesus!


        I was looking at a friend’s pictures the other day and I saw a picture of the Statue of Liberty.  I have always wanted to go to New York and see the Statue and go to Washington to see things that represent our country.  I want to see things that I was taught about in history class or heard on the news. I would love to someday take my grandkids to experience this.  It is a shame that as the world and time move on, some of these things mean less and less.  Our flag is not held in the honor it used to be, they want to take “In God We Trust” off our money and chance the constitution and laws that have served our country well. This scares me.
     Something scares me more about the world’s attitude towards another great place in history and that is “The Cross”, the cross where Jesus hung and bled and died for all of us. They don’t teach about this in school any more.  I remember when my teacher read the bible to us each morning and we prayed.  Now that is not acceptable or permitted. We must take up this cross, we must teach our children, grandchildren and the world about the cross and what happened there and why. 

     As much as I would love to carry my grands to see the things of history, how much more important is it for me to teach them about Jesus?  As the news gets worse and the world becomes scarier, we need to step up, step up and tell more people about Jesus and how He has already overcome all this.  We need to teach them who He is and how to have Him in their heart and soul.  We may not be able to change the things to come in this life but we can change where we are going when it is over.  Some things do scare me nowadays but I know bottom line, no matter what, if worst case scenario happens, then I will be in heaven. Will you?  Will your kids, grandkids, sisters, brothers, neighbors, friends or enemies?  If you are not sure, tell them, ask them, share Jesus with someone today.

God bless,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...