Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hot Tea, Monkey Bread and Friends-Life is Good!

     I love hot tea-now I am not like some, I don't like alot of flavors-I am pretty simple in my tastes.  However I do love to sit and relax with a cup.  I also like to enjoy a little snack with my hot tea on occasion.  One recipe I like to eat with hot tea is Monkey bread.  I recently found a recipe for mini monkey breads and I think this would be ideal to eat with hot tea.


      The recipe is so simple and quick-
Mini Monkey Bread
1/2   cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2   cup packed brown sugar
1/4   cup granulated sugar
2      teaspoons ground cinnamon
2     cans (7.5 oz each) refrigerated biscuits

Grease or spray 12 regular-size muffin cups. Mix butter and brown sugar; spoon 1 tablespoon mixture into each muffin cup.

Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon in 1-gallon bag

Separate dough into 20 biscuits; cut each in 6 pieces.

Add pieces to the bag and shake to coat. Place 10 pieces in each muffin cup.

Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Cool 1 minute; turn upside down and place foil over the pan and flip it over onto the foil so you don’t have a big mess or rolls flying around.

Serve warm.


     My favorite way to enjoy hot tea though is with a friend. What might you serve if we had tea together?  What flavor of tea do you enjoy best? Do you ever get the pleasure of hot tea with a friend?  I don't as often as I would like but maybe today we can enjoy a virtual tea time, I think I'll make a nice cup of tea, set down and enjoy it and thank God for all my friends I wish I could share it with. 
God bless,
Pat
    

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea and mini monkey bread? awesome! i think we should make some of these for amandas wedding shower as her theme is "monkey love" :)

    We should also do this as a tea party after promotion sunday for our girlies! what to do for the boys tho...totally need something FUN for all of the boys...who to get to do it tho??? they should do something outside...they could even use jrs soccor thing or something...

    anways to reply to your questions...

    "What might you serve if we had tea together?"

    Well I would definately come up with a theme. which by the way we have to do this for zz's first bday april 2nd! :) Then decorate with it. Then make some finger foods and desserts and chat over tea and just have a good time :)

    "What flavor of tea do you enjoy best?"

    I love love love tension tamer tea and apple cinnamon and regular tea. like you i dont really do alot of the flavored tea...i dont mind trying new flavors but the classic tea is always a winner!

    "Do you ever get the pleasure of hot tea with a friend?"

    I dont get to a whole lot because of a crazy hectic life lol but would love to very very soon.

    Totally Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your monkey teacup, so cute! :o)

    Monkey bread is one of our favorites around here. I never thought of making mini ones, that is a fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing the yummy recipe.

    I love Snickerdoodle cookies or cinnamon muffins with my tea, so that's what I would probably serve. I am boring when it comes to tea, I like the regular ol' Lipton tea bags.

    I am blessed to be able to have tea/coffee with my best childhood friend every few weeks. I cherish that time so much.

    Thank you for the virtual tea time, it doesn't get much better than good tea and good friends ♥

    Blessings,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...