Skip to main content

The Homekeeper's Journal: Nesting 9/15/10

I just came across this weekly meme from the Christian HomeKeeper Network the other day at Susan(By Grace's blog http://bygrace3.blogspot.com). I like it because it is helpful, not simply fun questions, and because it asks thoughtful questions. I hope to participate regularly. I don't want my blog to be all meme's but this one I really like so I am going to try it.
This week’s Homekeeper’s Journal is all about Nesting …. 
Let’s define our terms... 
Nest - a snug retreat or refuge; resting place; home 
Nesting - to build or have a nest 
Its time to start nesting and get my home cozy and comfortable for the cooler days ahead.  I want to create a retreat from the world, a resting place, home.Get your thinking caps on and lets talk about how we can arrange, order, decorate and change our homes so that they are a warm wonderful retreat for our families this Autumn and Winter.
My kitchen would be more inviting if …………. I could remodel and have a place for them to sit and sip a cup of tea and fellowship
My best tip for making a home seem more welcoming …..candles, quilts and soft music
To give the feeling of warmth in my home I often ….. light candles.I love the smell of fall candles and I love to decorate with pumpkins and leaves
In the cooler months, it is essential for me to ….have hot apple cider and hot chocolate and hot tea-my family loves hot drinks when they come in from the cold

Some favorite Autumn/Winter recipes are …..Turkey chili with a big pan of cornbread and shredded cheese---We use turkey because my grandson has PKU and cannot have the beef.  He cannot have the cheese either but we make the cornbread with his milk so he can have some-he calls it "cake".
My chili is so easy---
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
1 envelope chili seasoning mix
1/2 cup water
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
Tomato juice

Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet. Cook ground turkey over medium heat until it is no longer pink. Stir in chili seasoning mix and water. Then I add remaining ingredients, using just enough to make the chili the thick or thinness I want. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with cornbread and shredded cheese.
PS-You can add beans but my family likes it without beans
 
 A Quick Tip for making your house more inviting ……Feel comfortable and your guests will too-take the time to pay attention and make them feel welcome and they will feel it too.
Now it's your turn!
1. Make your own entry at your blog using the prompts that are in bold type above.
2. Finish out the prompts with your own words.
3. Grab the Homekeeper’s Journal picture and use it on your blog with a link to CHK.
4. Go back to CHK and put your blog entry in the linky on this week's Homekeeper's Journal post.
 I hope you will join in and I look forward to seeing your answers too.....

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 16th Birthday Stephen Austin Love!

From this little baby born on April 7, 1995 to the wonderful young man you have became April 7, 2011 Moma and Daddy were so blessed the day you were born and grow more blessed with each passing year.  I pray God will richly bless you this year.  Let Him be your guide and follow Him and do His will and you will be right where you need to be.  We love you! God bless, Moma & Daddy

What If?

Saw this on a friends blog and had to share-Before you gripe about another petty something about your spouse or child-think how how you would feel if you woke up without them tomorrow. Man this hit me in the face and really made me really think! :(
     Then, I found this quote above about what if you woke up today with only what you thanked God for yesterday.  Who or what would you still have?  Would you have your spouse, your kids, your friends, your home, car, anything?  Again, this really made me think and I ashamed to say I am not sure I like my answers to the above questions.
     I cannot change the past as none of us can but I am going to really work on changing my answers and my life.  I know I need to really work on this but I am sharing it in the hope it might help others as well.  
God bless,
Pat


Does Anyone? And a giveaway!

Sometimes I wonder does anyone even read here.  I wonder if this blogs time has come and gone.  I sometimes think, well I will just write for me and use it like a diary of sorts.  I am just not sure what to do.  I really enjoy writing the blog but......
     I decided I am going to continue for at least the month of February and see what happens.  Since February is the month of love and my last name is "Love" and I am trying to decide if I love this blog anymore, I am going to to have a "Love" giveaway. All you have to do to be entered to have a chance to win is leave a comment on this post on my blog.  I will choose a winner from all the comments.


Until next time or until I choose a winner of the giveaway, Pat