Monday, January 30, 2012

Quiet Corner, Santuary?

          I have a group on facebook and the main point of it is to encourage one another to have our daily quiet time with God.  I was thinking this morning about my quiet time and is it really quiet?  Having quiet time is not just reading the bible, but it is reading, meditating, praying and listening to God.  How can you have true "quiet time" if it is not quiet? I think sometimes we have trouble hearing God cause we have so much noise in our lives.  I know at my house, it is rare for the TV, music, or both to not be going pretty much 24/7.
      My goal this week is to find a spot, create a spot, even just a corner in a room, that I can use to have my quiet time.  I want a place that I can go to and read my bible, talk to God and relax and listen to what He has to say to me.  Do you have such a spot?  If not, why not join me, make you a spot for you and God.  If you have one or make one, I would love to see pictures and when I get mine done, I will come back and share pictures of mine.  
     I am off to think, look around and create......
God bless,
Pat

4 comments:

  1. Pat, I love this post. I do have a spot in my bedroom with a comfy chair and a desk for writing, card making, etc. I just need to get off my bottom and get things organized in there! I ask for your prayers to get this accomplished soon, as I know the Lord has been gently nudging me. :-) Oh, I'll be sure to post a couple pics. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna and look forward to seeing your pics, it sounds wonderful.

      Delete
  2. I had one in the back corner of the walk-in closet in my room but over the holidays it got stuffed with stuff. I need to clean it up this week so that I can use it again. The children would also use it when it was up and going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in the process of remodeling and so I don't know where I woudl get a place like this. At this point i go in the bedroom while the family sits and watches television out in the living room as I do not watch it much. Construction on the house starts this week. I read through a bunch of your blog posts today and really liked them on both your blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...