Skip to main content

God is always with us! When we are at our darkest hour, God's light is there!

I have been feeling kind of down lately. Hubby had been unemployed for several months. Finally he got a job and we felt it was truly a gift from God. He got up loving going to work. He was so happy! He got raises almost immediately and then a promotion. Life was good in the Love house.

Then, bam, with no warning he got laid off and we are back in the unemployed world. We are back to unemployment, depression, how do we survive, what do we do? I have been so down cause I don't know what to do?

Then this morning I was goofing off on facebook and I read this on author Beverly Lewis' page......"Dear friends, these verses touched my heart this morning, during my devotional time. Perhaps, they are meant to encourage some of you, as well. "Even in the darkness light shines on honest people. It shines on those who are kind and tender and godly...They aren't afraid when bad news comes. They stand firm because they trust in the Lord." ~ Psalm 112:4, 7 We're in this journey together! And how blessed we are to know that God is right there with us, though the triumphs and the challenges,jah?"
(http://www.facebook.com/officialbeverlylewis)

We may be in the darkness right now but God is still there and His light is still shining. We are honest, we trust and believe in God. We live for Him and He is there. He was there in the good times and He is there now. I don't understand why this happened but I do know we will be okay. We are not alone and God is bigger.

If you feel like you are alone and dealing with some battle out there in the darkness, look up, God is there and His light will shine on you if you let it.
God bless,
Pat

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 16th Birthday Stephen Austin Love!

From this little baby born on April 7, 1995 to the wonderful young man you have became April 7, 2011 Moma and Daddy were so blessed the day you were born and grow more blessed with each passing year.  I pray God will richly bless you this year.  Let Him be your guide and follow Him and do His will and you will be right where you need to be.  We love you! God bless, Moma & Daddy

What If?

Saw this on a friends blog and had to share-Before you gripe about another petty something about your spouse or child-think how how you would feel if you woke up without them tomorrow. Man this hit me in the face and really made me really think! :(
     Then, I found this quote above about what if you woke up today with only what you thanked God for yesterday.  Who or what would you still have?  Would you have your spouse, your kids, your friends, your home, car, anything?  Again, this really made me think and I ashamed to say I am not sure I like my answers to the above questions.
     I cannot change the past as none of us can but I am going to really work on changing my answers and my life.  I know I need to really work on this but I am sharing it in the hope it might help others as well.  
God bless,
Pat


Does Anyone? And a giveaway!

Sometimes I wonder does anyone even read here.  I wonder if this blogs time has come and gone.  I sometimes think, well I will just write for me and use it like a diary of sorts.  I am just not sure what to do.  I really enjoy writing the blog but......
     I decided I am going to continue for at least the month of February and see what happens.  Since February is the month of love and my last name is "Love" and I am trying to decide if I love this blog anymore, I am going to to have a "Love" giveaway. All you have to do to be entered to have a chance to win is leave a comment on this post on my blog.  I will choose a winner from all the comments.


Until next time or until I choose a winner of the giveaway, Pat