Saturday, February 4, 2012

2oth Anniversary-Bible Baptist church

Psalm 122:1
I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.
 
     20 years ago we had been in El Dorado for over 2 years and after being raised in church had not found a church home. There was churches everywhere and even right around the corner from our street, but we could not find a place we fit in.  I picked up a newspaper and saw where a new church was about to start in a little storefront property the next Sunday.  So that Sunday morning Billy, me, Jonathan and Amanda loaded up and went to church.  There was 22 people including us and the Pastor, Bro JD Weido and his family.  We loved it and felt at home from that very first Sunday.
      We have had many ups and downs, I have gotten saved, Stephen was born and we are still there.  We have not been perfect and we made mistakes but the pastor and the people of the church have always been there.  Those people, have became family.  I cannot imagine going anywhere else.
     20 years have brought many changes, the Pastor and his wife went from 4 children to 4 children, 4 inlaws and 8 grands.  We have gone from 2 children to 3 children, 2 inlaws and 3 grands.  But more than that we have gained friends, sisters and brothers in Christ, people that care.  We have gained a much closer walk with God and watched the church grown from the storefront building to the wonderful building pictured above.  God is so good.
     I love my church-if you are local and need a church home or ever visit El Dorado we would love to have you visit us at 2103 Smackover Highway.  Sunday February 5th (tomorrow) we have a huge event planned with lots of visitors and folks coming home to visit.  We will have one big service at 10 am with lunch served after services.  You are all welcome to come join us.
God bless,
     Pat

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome to hear - longevity in a church and it's pastor! Ours just celebrated 10 years last year. I'm excited for the next 10, 20, and dare I say even the next 30 years there! Have a good time tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 20 faithful years! We LOVE your church and we LOVE your pastor! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dropping by to say hello. Hope you had a good v-day. I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...