Skip to main content

2oth Anniversary-Bible Baptist church

Psalm 122:1
I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.
 
     20 years ago we had been in El Dorado for over 2 years and after being raised in church had not found a church home. There was churches everywhere and even right around the corner from our street, but we could not find a place we fit in.  I picked up a newspaper and saw where a new church was about to start in a little storefront property the next Sunday.  So that Sunday morning Billy, me, Jonathan and Amanda loaded up and went to church.  There was 22 people including us and the Pastor, Bro JD Weido and his family.  We loved it and felt at home from that very first Sunday.
      We have had many ups and downs, I have gotten saved, Stephen was born and we are still there.  We have not been perfect and we made mistakes but the pastor and the people of the church have always been there.  Those people, have became family.  I cannot imagine going anywhere else.
     20 years have brought many changes, the Pastor and his wife went from 4 children to 4 children, 4 inlaws and 8 grands.  We have gone from 2 children to 3 children, 2 inlaws and 3 grands.  But more than that we have gained friends, sisters and brothers in Christ, people that care.  We have gained a much closer walk with God and watched the church grown from the storefront building to the wonderful building pictured above.  God is so good.
     I love my church-if you are local and need a church home or ever visit El Dorado we would love to have you visit us at 2103 Smackover Highway.  Sunday February 5th (tomorrow) we have a huge event planned with lots of visitors and folks coming home to visit.  We will have one big service at 10 am with lunch served after services.  You are all welcome to come join us.
God bless,
     Pat

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 16th Birthday Stephen Austin Love!

From this little baby born on April 7, 1995 to the wonderful young man you have became April 7, 2011 Moma and Daddy were so blessed the day you were born and grow more blessed with each passing year.  I pray God will richly bless you this year.  Let Him be your guide and follow Him and do His will and you will be right where you need to be.  We love you! God bless, Moma & Daddy

What If?

Saw this on a friends blog and had to share-Before you gripe about another petty something about your spouse or child-think how how you would feel if you woke up without them tomorrow. Man this hit me in the face and really made me really think! :(
     Then, I found this quote above about what if you woke up today with only what you thanked God for yesterday.  Who or what would you still have?  Would you have your spouse, your kids, your friends, your home, car, anything?  Again, this really made me think and I ashamed to say I am not sure I like my answers to the above questions.
     I cannot change the past as none of us can but I am going to really work on changing my answers and my life.  I know I need to really work on this but I am sharing it in the hope it might help others as well.  
God bless,
Pat


Does Anyone? And a giveaway!

Sometimes I wonder does anyone even read here.  I wonder if this blogs time has come and gone.  I sometimes think, well I will just write for me and use it like a diary of sorts.  I am just not sure what to do.  I really enjoy writing the blog but......
     I decided I am going to continue for at least the month of February and see what happens.  Since February is the month of love and my last name is "Love" and I am trying to decide if I love this blog anymore, I am going to to have a "Love" giveaway. All you have to do to be entered to have a chance to win is leave a comment on this post on my blog.  I will choose a winner from all the comments.


Until next time or until I choose a winner of the giveaway, Pat