Saturday, February 18, 2012

Heaven or Hell?

         I was reading something on facebook today and then I started thinking about somethings.  I am a Christian but I have not always been.  I have done some things I am ashamed of, made mistakes and just done or said things I knew was wrong.  I went to church for 17 years without missing a Sunday in church, I played the game, made the confessional speech, got baptized, taught classes and was still on my way to hell if I died.  Everyone thought I was saved except me, I knew better.  No one ever talked to me or asked me, they just accepted it.
     Fast forward a lot of years, we started going to a new little church.  I wanted what those people had but did not know how to get it.  I mean everyone thought I was saved, maybe I was?  I didn't even know anymore.  Then one day at the altar a lady asked me if we could go and talk.  She loved God so much and she shared her story with me.  She asked me about my story and then she went a step further that might not always be right to do but it was right then.  She looked me in the eye and told me, "I think if you die on the way home, tomorrow, next week, or whenever you are going to hell.  I do not think you are saved."  I asked her how I could know for sure and she took Gods word and led me to the Lord.  Since that day almost 20 years ago I have known I was saved.  Are you saved?  Do you know for sure? If not, get your bible, get on your knees, talk to God, talk to a friend, your spouse,your Pastor, someone and get it settled.  That has to be number one, none of us are promised tomorrow or even the time it takes to finish this blog post.  
      Now, after you have that settled is the next part.  Tell someone, tell the ones you love, tell your family, tell the ones you work with, tell your enemies.  Someone told you, now you tell someone else. Hell, is an awful place and it is not for God's people but it is up to us if we go to heaven or hell.  Jesus died on the cross, He paid the price, the gift is there, all we have to do is accept it.  Then we need to share that gift.  I received my gift almost 20 years ago and the gift is still available, still free and something we all need.  
     If you don't know for sure, let me know and I will help you like Mrs. Carol Bridges and God helped me.
God bless,
Pat
     

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Spreading the Gospel is so important in our walk:) Great post! I also wrote something about this too a week ago. God bless ya as you tell someone about Jesus:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You are a missionary at home!

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...