Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Book Review-Embracing Your Second Calling

    
      I was sent a book to review for booksneeze.com a while back and it took me awhile to get through the book.  It took me a little while to admit I might fit in the category of this book.  It is a book by Dale Hansen Bourke about the second half of your life and your calling for it.  I have known since my first child was born almost 24 years ago that my calling was to care for my children, home and hubby.  I worked with the Children's ministries at church also.  Children was my life at home and for God.  Then I looked around for a second and my children were all grown or almost there.  I wasn't quite sure where I was or what my calling from God was anymore.
     This book is a good guide to help you that the next part of your life is still valuable and what you and God see as your calling to serve Him.  I recommend this book for anyone who finds themselves at that point in their life where they need to slow down and maybe even stop, take stock and see where they are and where they are going in their service to God. 
     Thanks Booksneeze for the chance to review this book.  I look forward to a long time commitment with your company.  For anyone interested in reading a book and reviewing it on your blog then go to booksneeze.com and sign up.
God bless,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...