Here's this week's challenge: Take out your calendar and SCHEDULE a night where you will take a warm refreshing bubble bath. Bring your Bible. Read the story of the birth of Jesus in Matthew 1, 2 and Luke 1,2.
Here's why: A bubble bath is something COMPLETELY free that only you can give yourself. It is something we do alone and a place where we can stop the rush, hush, reflect and see clearly. I know there is a temptation at the end of a weary day to turn on the television and have a snack. This is a common stress reliever - but it doesn't get us alone with God and it doesn't give us the peace that our souls long for. Television is empty. God's word is full.
1. Privacy - all children asleep and the husband aware that you don't want to be interrupted
2. Hot water and loads of Bubbles - preferably ones that smell yummy!
3. Some soft music
4. A hand towel rolled up as a pillow
5. A cold/hot drink to set beside the tub
6. Your Bible and if you are afraid you'll get it wet - exchange it for a good Christian book or simply quietness - reflecting on your day and talking with God in prayer.Maybe play a CD of the bible instead of music
Optional: a lit candle
Now sit back, RELAX, be alone with just you and God - 25 minutes and VOILA - you emerge a new woman.
Do not wait until the house is clean, the laundry is folded, and your presents are all wrapped. It will never be all done! Give yourself permission in the midst of your busyness to have a moment of peace - Peace on Earth.