Saturday, June 16, 2012

How To Encourage A Friend!

     Do you ever feel down?  Does the devil tell you no one cares?  I know I feel this way sometimes;like no really cares.  Now, I know they do but it is so easy when you are tired, stressed and overwhelmed to start to believe the devils lies.  If we know we feel that way, you can be sure your friends do too.  
     One way we can combat his lies is to encourage one another.  It says in the bible......we are to edify one another in I Thessalonians 5:11.  Edify, encourage, build up, comfort.  So we know we should do it.  SO how do we do it?  

     Here are a few ideas.....

 1}Take a picture (of your friend, of the two of you, of a sign, anything that says them to you). Print it out and write a note telling them specifically how they are making a difference in lives. Mail it to them.
2}Send them a text.
3}Remember their birthday
4} Make  a mindmap.Here’s what that is: Put their name in the middle of a piece of paper. Around it make 5 lists: odd things they do; ways they care about others; objects or activities they love most; things THEY want to do better (NOT what YOU want them to do better); people who speak well of them.Send it to them, use it when you send emails, texts,calls etc so you can share with them.
5} If they have hurt you, Forgive them (don’t tell them about it, just forgive them).
6}Reply to their emails, even if just to acknowledge receipt. If they reach out, respond, it doesn't have to be long to be encouraging.
7}Never assume they know you care. It only takes a couple of minutes to send a text, email or short note.

     You never know how much this might mean to them and what a difference it might make. Listen to this song, it says how much it might mean and what a difference it might make.


God bless, Pat

4 comments:

  1. Those are great ideas! I especially like the mind map idea! Thanks for sharing, and for being my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it....thanks for the Ideas
    Love you friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this Pat! I like #4 & 5 the best. That's an awesome youtube link btw. I can relate to it as someone who has had suicidal thoughts, and had someone to call in the middle of the night, before I knew the Lord. I don't talk to that person anymore because of a lot of different circumstances, but she will always have a special place in my heart because of what she did for me. Hmm, guess I should send her a note!

    P.s. check out my blog page for my fb badge, I couldn't find you on fb still. I don't know what's up with that!

    http://lifeatthewisemans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is very encouraging!!! I love reading it and was glad to see so many posts since I been here last. I am very glad that your husband got a job.

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...