Friday, August 23, 2013

Tea, Owls and God's Wisdom!

    

      I wrote this for a meeting at church but though I would share it here too.  I hope it might be a blessing to someone.

     I love the evening hours when the sun has started to set and it is just getting dark especially in the fall.  When I lived in the country I loved listening to the crickets, the frogs and especially the owls. I can't hear those things living in the city so much.  I still love to set on my porch and drink some tea or read my bible.  I love this time for just me and God, for me to be quiet and listen for that still small voice.  Unfortunately this rarely happens so how do we get quiet time? 

     We have to make time.  I am a night owl and I function so much better at night so after everyone else goes to bed is the best time for me to try and have quiet time.  Maybe you are an early bird and you need to get up early before the day gets going and have your time.  It doesn’t matter when you meet with God cause He is always available, it is just important that we do.

     What can we do to make sure we have this time?

1) Set a time to have it-if you don’t make a set time, time will get away from you and it won’t get done.

2) Make it convenient-have a basket, bag, table or somewhere that you can keep your bible, a pen, a notebook and room for your tea, coffee or whatever you prefer to drink.

3) Have a place where you won’t be disturbed-I like to have my quiet time on my porch but yours might be your bedroom, a corner, outside or at the kitchen table.

     Most important is not when, where or how but just that you do!

Pat Love 8/13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...