Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Wednesday Recipe Share Day-My Moma's Chocolate Pie



This is one of my favorite pies---it is my Moma's recipe so I call it "Joan's Chocolate Pie"

Ingredients
2 cups sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
6 tablespoons flour
4 egg yolks
2 cups water
Store bought pie shell precooked according to package

Directions
Mix sugar, flour and cocoa powder in a saucepan
Beat egg yolks and add water
Add this to saucepan and mix well
Cook over medium heat until boiling, 
then reduce heat and cook til it thickens in and add to precooked pie shell 
Cool in refrigerator til cooled 

****Be careful or it will scorch, keep it stirred well 
****I use store bought shell but you can make if you prefer
****You can add meringue also if preferred(I  don't like it so don't add  

PS --Yes mine is square, couldn't find pie pan and was in a hurry :) Let me know what you think if you make this!

God bless,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...