Thursday, August 26, 2010

Basic Training In the Home

Train up a child in the way he should go:and when he is old, he will not depart from it.  Proverbs 22:6

Anyone who knows me knows I love this verse.  It reminds me that all we can do is teach our kids right and teach the way of the Lord, take them to church and train them to serve the Lord.  They may mess up as we all do but they will always have that training in their heart.

I was reading my devotion for this morning from a book called "Prayers & Promises for Women"  I thought I would share part of it it with ya'll.  It says...

"I am no educator,Father,and my knowledge of theology is far from great,but I long to teach my children about You through my daily life and example."

I have heard we teach alot by what we say but more by what we do.  Anyway this devotion got me to thinking, what am I teaching my children and grandchildren especially by what I do as well as say.  We are all training the children and others in our lives, but what are we teaching?  Are we training them for God or not?  Take a few moments today I beg you to join me in thinking about this and if you don't like the answer then this is the day to change. 


God bless,
Pat

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing and praying for you as you are in the process of training and teaching!

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...