Thursday, August 19, 2010

New School Year 2010


My youngest son, Stephen, is homeschooled but he does ACE paces from our churches Christian school. We also do extra things to add to the paces. We do field trips, we do Home Economics and we do life skills classes among other things. Today was our technical first day and it was interesting but we made it through. I love having him at home and teaching him, it is a blessing from God.

Today we started off with a bang-he did his Hope stuff(a program our church runs on Friday nights), read his bible and worked on his memory verses. After that it was on to paces. We were doing real good and then we took lunch break.

After lunch I had to keep the grands so we did not get a whole lot done this afternoon in paces but we used the opportunity to learn some life skills. He can help with the babies as good as I can. After they went home we continued on with our journey with him cooking supper for Mrs. Peggy-she is our church secretary. She is in her 70's and fell and broke her kneecap and so we have been supplying food for her and the ones caring for her. Tonight was our turn so Stephen cooked and I took him to take it to her.

So we may not have gotten quite as many pages done today as I would have liked in our paces but he did learn to make a meal and care about others and their needs. All in all I think we had a pretty good day. I hope ya'lls school year whether with homeschooling, private or public is getting off to a great start too.
God bless,
Pat and family

2 comments:

  1. Im glad things are going well for yall! looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new blog! Wishing you all the best as you begin your new school year!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...