Skip to main content

Gratitude Challenge and so much more

I decided I would join the Gratitude challenge I had saw on someone's blog.  I started off with a bang for all of 3 days and then excuse after excuse came up with why I could not do it. 

I have been making lots of excuses lately-why I treat my husband, kids, inlaws and friends the way I do.  Nothing is my fault, it happened because of this or that.  I make excuses for when my house is not clean or responsibilities are not met.  I make excuses when I don't want to do something.  I make excuses for not reading my bible or going to church more.  I mean I am at church most every service but I am always in class, nursery or somewhere doing something.  I have been so busy doing things that I have not been meeting with or serving God.  But even that is an excuse because when I had a chance to go to the preaching service,  mostly didn't and I had an excuse for that too.  But that is just it they were and are excuses.  I have no real reasons for most of it.

Well, through a series of events of job losses, getting hurt, having surgeries, son, daughter-in-law and grandkids being sick, stresses and hurting the people I love the most, God has finally got my attention.  He pretty much told me He doesn't take excuses.  However, He does forgive and give us another chance to do better.  So with God's help I will be getting rid of the excuses and doing my best with His help to be the wife, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, teacher, leader, friend and most importantly child of God that I can be.  Will I mess up again, probably so but prayerfully not so many times or ways.  I know it will not change over night but I know it can change because Phil. 4:13 says all things are possible with God.

I hope this does not offend anyone or make you think less of me.  Just pray for me that with God's help I can go forward and do better, after all we are all just sinners saved by grace. Today I am thankful for my salvation and that God is the God of many chances and much grace.

Until next time,God bless,
Pat
 

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 16th Birthday Stephen Austin Love!

From this little baby born on April 7, 1995 to the wonderful young man you have became April 7, 2011 Moma and Daddy were so blessed the day you were born and grow more blessed with each passing year.  I pray God will richly bless you this year.  Let Him be your guide and follow Him and do His will and you will be right where you need to be.  We love you! God bless, Moma & Daddy

What If?

Saw this on a friends blog and had to share-Before you gripe about another petty something about your spouse or child-think how how you would feel if you woke up without them tomorrow. Man this hit me in the face and really made me really think! :(
     Then, I found this quote above about what if you woke up today with only what you thanked God for yesterday.  Who or what would you still have?  Would you have your spouse, your kids, your friends, your home, car, anything?  Again, this really made me think and I ashamed to say I am not sure I like my answers to the above questions.
     I cannot change the past as none of us can but I am going to really work on changing my answers and my life.  I know I need to really work on this but I am sharing it in the hope it might help others as well.  
God bless,
Pat


Does Anyone? And a giveaway!

Sometimes I wonder does anyone even read here.  I wonder if this blogs time has come and gone.  I sometimes think, well I will just write for me and use it like a diary of sorts.  I am just not sure what to do.  I really enjoy writing the blog but......
     I decided I am going to continue for at least the month of February and see what happens.  Since February is the month of love and my last name is "Love" and I am trying to decide if I love this blog anymore, I am going to to have a "Love" giveaway. All you have to do to be entered to have a chance to win is leave a comment on this post on my blog.  I will choose a winner from all the comments.


Until next time or until I choose a winner of the giveaway, Pat