Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Gratitude Challenge and so much more

I decided I would join the Gratitude challenge I had saw on someone's blog.  I started off with a bang for all of 3 days and then excuse after excuse came up with why I could not do it. 

I have been making lots of excuses lately-why I treat my husband, kids, inlaws and friends the way I do.  Nothing is my fault, it happened because of this or that.  I make excuses for when my house is not clean or responsibilities are not met.  I make excuses when I don't want to do something.  I make excuses for not reading my bible or going to church more.  I mean I am at church most every service but I am always in class, nursery or somewhere doing something.  I have been so busy doing things that I have not been meeting with or serving God.  But even that is an excuse because when I had a chance to go to the preaching service,  mostly didn't and I had an excuse for that too.  But that is just it they were and are excuses.  I have no real reasons for most of it.

Well, through a series of events of job losses, getting hurt, having surgeries, son, daughter-in-law and grandkids being sick, stresses and hurting the people I love the most, God has finally got my attention.  He pretty much told me He doesn't take excuses.  However, He does forgive and give us another chance to do better.  So with God's help I will be getting rid of the excuses and doing my best with His help to be the wife, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, teacher, leader, friend and most importantly child of God that I can be.  Will I mess up again, probably so but prayerfully not so many times or ways.  I know it will not change over night but I know it can change because Phil. 4:13 says all things are possible with God.

I hope this does not offend anyone or make you think less of me.  Just pray for me that with God's help I can go forward and do better, after all we are all just sinners saved by grace. Today I am thankful for my salvation and that God is the God of many chances and much grace.

Until next time,God bless,
Pat
 

3 comments:

  1. wonderful post! we cant change the past but we can move forward and run and cling to God who is there waiting for us to come home to His open arms! I love you and I am praying for you! PS i am tired of mmaking excuses for myself too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say a prayer for you. It's not easy to change, but God is good, and forgiving, much more so than we are to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie, believe it or not, you have a load on your shoulders and God knows all about it. You are a wonderful mother and wife. (They aren't throwing you out on the streets!!)

    You're doing a great job. Keep your chin up. And just to make it clear, no one is super woman. You are doing a fantastic job and I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...