Monday, August 1, 2011

Not Back-to-School Blog Hop: Curriculum Week

     I’m so excited to be participating in the 3rd annual Not Back-to-School Blog Hop, hosted by Heart of the Matter Online. This will be my first time participating.The hop is kicking off with curriculum week!
We all love seeing what everyone is using, so be sure to check out all the posts on the hop.
     We came to homeschool late in the game, my older two went to and graduated from public school.  This was my husbands wish and honestly it was what fit best in our life at the time we thought.  However they both went on to go to Christian college.  Our youngest went through middle school in public school.  However many things finally convinced hubby to let us try homeschooling starting at junior high and we have been going since then.  This will be our 5th year homeschooling.
      Our son does ACE paces through our churches christian school but we supplement with many other choices of curriculum.  This year we will be supplementing with reading books of choices and doing both written and oral book reports. We do a biblical study with different character studies for bible and as well as daily reading in the bible and at least one verse that God leads us to and recorded in a journal.  We will be doing Home Ec cause I believe boys should know how to care for the home too in case wife is sick or God does not lead them to one.  We will be doing a business course of sorts with budgeting, check writing, balancing and all that.  Also he will be doing a yard and car maintenance course.  We will be studying for and taking the drivers test.  We will also be working on oral communications.  This is not all laid out as it should be but prayerfully before the 15th I will have it all planned and ready.  We also have physical education and field trips planned.
     This is our simple plans at the moment and prayerfully God will lead us to the exact place he wants us to go.  Praying that everyone who reads here will also have a blessed year in their school.
God bless,
Pat

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in an ACE school many moons ago (18 years). :-)

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...