Skip to main content

Missionary Monday-How to Pray for Missionaries!

   
     This week instead of posting a particular Missionary family to pray for, I am going to post some practical ways to pray for missionaries as shared by a missionary.

*************************************************************************************

**Sunday--Spiritual life. (2 Peter 3:18) He said if missionaries aren't careful, they can get so caught up in the ministering aspect of missionary work and the difficulties of the day, that the day is suddenly gone and the Bible hasn't been opened and real, meaningful prayer hasn't happened. The culture in other countries is so different, things like bill paying, food preparation etc. is much more difficult and time consuming. And then they still have to minister to the people in their church or the surrounding area.

He said it's very important that we pray for missionaries to stay in the word and stay close to the Lord through prayer.

**Monday--Money. (Phil 4:14) Support needs, personal stewardship, wisdom to know who and when to give financial help, when asked. He said that the dollar is not worth as much as it used to be and this has caused many missionaries' support to become less. And then there are people who come and ask him for financial help. He needs wisdom to know when to give financial help and when to say no or perhaps give food or something else in place of money.

**Tuesday
--Temptation. (1 Peter 5:8) (Ephesians 6:11) The temptation to be lazy or inactive (Hebrews 13:18). To give up. Or to be impure in mind or body.

**Wednesday
--Witnessing. (Acts 4:29) Boldness to preach the gospel. Learn their language. An ability to present a clear presentation of the gospel (Acts 8:4).--There are many expressions used in English that don't make sense when translated to other languages. The missionary must keep this in mind when preaching or witnessing. Spread the gospel quickly.

**Thursday
--Team Members. (Col 3:12-13) Pray for the missionaries who are working together to get along with each other. Also to keep a right relationship with the Nationals. A missionary can't have the attitude that they are superior to the Nationals.

**Friday
--Family. (1 Timothy 5:8) Their wives and children need them to spend time with them and to not neglect them. Also pray for their safety.

**Saturday
--Safety. (Psalm 3:3) Traveling, physical health, protection etc...

     I hope this will help you to know better how to pray for Missionaries.  This is only suggestions and not the only way to pray.  I know it helped me and I hope it will help you too.

God bless,
Pat

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 16th Birthday Stephen Austin Love!

From this little baby born on April 7, 1995 to the wonderful young man you have became April 7, 2011 Moma and Daddy were so blessed the day you were born and grow more blessed with each passing year.  I pray God will richly bless you this year.  Let Him be your guide and follow Him and do His will and you will be right where you need to be.  We love you! God bless, Moma & Daddy

What If?

Saw this on a friends blog and had to share-Before you gripe about another petty something about your spouse or child-think how how you would feel if you woke up without them tomorrow. Man this hit me in the face and really made me really think! :(
     Then, I found this quote above about what if you woke up today with only what you thanked God for yesterday.  Who or what would you still have?  Would you have your spouse, your kids, your friends, your home, car, anything?  Again, this really made me think and I ashamed to say I am not sure I like my answers to the above questions.
     I cannot change the past as none of us can but I am going to really work on changing my answers and my life.  I know I need to really work on this but I am sharing it in the hope it might help others as well.  
God bless,
Pat


Does Anyone? And a giveaway!

Sometimes I wonder does anyone even read here.  I wonder if this blogs time has come and gone.  I sometimes think, well I will just write for me and use it like a diary of sorts.  I am just not sure what to do.  I really enjoy writing the blog but......
     I decided I am going to continue for at least the month of February and see what happens.  Since February is the month of love and my last name is "Love" and I am trying to decide if I love this blog anymore, I am going to to have a "Love" giveaway. All you have to do to be entered to have a chance to win is leave a comment on this post on my blog.  I will choose a winner from all the comments.


Until next time or until I choose a winner of the giveaway, Pat