Friday, July 29, 2011

I miss my Daddy and Being a blessing......

     My Daddy went to heaven 28 years ago today. I was 21 and a Sr in college when he passed. I have lived longer without him than with him and that made me sad, til I read a friends blog and she was talking about her Daddy being in heaven and how he had seen Jesus' face and that gave me such peace and comfort. Love you Daddy and miss you but I know you and Moma are so happy together in heaven with Jesus and I will see you again someday. I am glad my friend shared her heart cause it helped comfort mine.

     A few months ago I was able to be a blessing to a friend.  I never told her about it or anyone for that matter.  I did not want any recognition, I just wanted to help her out.  She was so excited and it made me smile to just sit back and enjoy.  I had someone ask me, "Why don't you tell her it was you?"  I didn't care if she knew, it was just nice to see her happy.  
     Well, fastforward a couple of months and today I received a similar blessing from someone I just "met" and don't even know.  She just wanted to be a blessing to me.  She didn't make a big deal, just quietly sent me the blessing.  She asked for nothing in return.  
      I was telling my son about it and he said "Moma, remember you always have taught us that if you are a blessing to someone when you can and they need it, God will use someone to be a blessing to you when they can and when you need it."  My Moma also always taught me that when you do something for someone and you make sure that everyone knows then that praise is all you get but when you just quietly go on your way then God will reward you.  
     I don't always do what I should or what God asks but I try.  I think God is amazing and thank Him for letting me be a blessing and for the one I received.
     Forgive me for rambling today, but just sharing my heart and lessons learned.
God bless,
Pat

This blog post is linked to http://www.homesanctuary.com/rachelanne/2011/07/company-girl-coffee-729.html If you would like to link up too, go here and thanks for stopping by.









2 comments:

  1. I remember when my Mom realized she had lived longer without her Mom than with. It was really hard on her. I'm blessed that both my parents are alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom passed away 4yrs. ago, and we miss her so! It does help to remember where they are and who they are with! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...