Skip to main content

Update on The Love's

     Our world has been interesting to say the least recently.  Billy and I were married on August 16, 2011 and so this year will be 25 years.  Jenny asked if we would renew our vows, I said yes on the condition that Billy said yes also.  I knew he would say no so I was home free, well he said yes, wow.  So then the planning began.  After much planning it was decided we would renew our vows a month early on July 16, 2011 so our daughter could be there.  Did I mention, she is getting married on August 6, 2011 and moving to Oklahoma with her new husband to work in a church there. 
     On July15th, it was all planned except rehearsal and the decorating. Rehearsal went with many hitches but we were sure we would still be ready the next day.  SO the decorating began, slowly over the night all left the church except for me and Jenny.  We were working away in the church oblivious to how much danger we might be in.  We finished the sanctuary and went next door for final preparations and then a late night trip to Walmart.  After were sure we were done, I started looking for my purse, it was no where to be found.
     After a few minutes we discovered our purses had been stolen.  The police came and took a report but the only positive thing they had to tell us was that we were blessed we had not been killed.  The renewal went ahead the next day despite the loss of our purses, all contents, including all Billys paycheck which was in cash and my bible and many treasures for us both, think about what is in your purse, ladies.  Because of money issues now, we did not get to go on our "honeymoon" but we did go out to eat and spent the night sitting in the pool beneath the moon.
     Monday brought many emotions including exhaustion as we sought to replace what we could-debit cards, drivers liscence etc  It has been an interesting journey but I think we have both made it to forgiveness and moving on.
     Now the countdown begins to Amanda's wedding and I will update from both with pictures as soon as I can.  The picture above was taken by our son who owns Studio 13 Photography and is one of our "engagement" pictures. 
     Thanks to Jenny and Jonathan most of all for the money, time and preparations but also to Stephen and Amanda, Anthony, everyone who serves, came etc.  This was a wonderful time in our lives through it all.
God bless,
Pat

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 16th Birthday Stephen Austin Love!

From this little baby born on April 7, 1995 to the wonderful young man you have became April 7, 2011 Moma and Daddy were so blessed the day you were born and grow more blessed with each passing year.  I pray God will richly bless you this year.  Let Him be your guide and follow Him and do His will and you will be right where you need to be.  We love you! God bless, Moma & Daddy

What If?

Saw this on a friends blog and had to share-Before you gripe about another petty something about your spouse or child-think how how you would feel if you woke up without them tomorrow. Man this hit me in the face and really made me really think! :(
     Then, I found this quote above about what if you woke up today with only what you thanked God for yesterday.  Who or what would you still have?  Would you have your spouse, your kids, your friends, your home, car, anything?  Again, this really made me think and I ashamed to say I am not sure I like my answers to the above questions.
     I cannot change the past as none of us can but I am going to really work on changing my answers and my life.  I know I need to really work on this but I am sharing it in the hope it might help others as well.  
God bless,
Pat


Does Anyone? And a giveaway!

Sometimes I wonder does anyone even read here.  I wonder if this blogs time has come and gone.  I sometimes think, well I will just write for me and use it like a diary of sorts.  I am just not sure what to do.  I really enjoy writing the blog but......
     I decided I am going to continue for at least the month of February and see what happens.  Since February is the month of love and my last name is "Love" and I am trying to decide if I love this blog anymore, I am going to to have a "Love" giveaway. All you have to do to be entered to have a chance to win is leave a comment on this post on my blog.  I will choose a winner from all the comments.


Until next time or until I choose a winner of the giveaway, Pat