Monday, July 25, 2011

Update on The Love's

     Our world has been interesting to say the least recently.  Billy and I were married on August 16, 2011 and so this year will be 25 years.  Jenny asked if we would renew our vows, I said yes on the condition that Billy said yes also.  I knew he would say no so I was home free, well he said yes, wow.  So then the planning began.  After much planning it was decided we would renew our vows a month early on July 16, 2011 so our daughter could be there.  Did I mention, she is getting married on August 6, 2011 and moving to Oklahoma with her new husband to work in a church there. 
     On July15th, it was all planned except rehearsal and the decorating. Rehearsal went with many hitches but we were sure we would still be ready the next day.  SO the decorating began, slowly over the night all left the church except for me and Jenny.  We were working away in the church oblivious to how much danger we might be in.  We finished the sanctuary and went next door for final preparations and then a late night trip to Walmart.  After were sure we were done, I started looking for my purse, it was no where to be found.
     After a few minutes we discovered our purses had been stolen.  The police came and took a report but the only positive thing they had to tell us was that we were blessed we had not been killed.  The renewal went ahead the next day despite the loss of our purses, all contents, including all Billys paycheck which was in cash and my bible and many treasures for us both, think about what is in your purse, ladies.  Because of money issues now, we did not get to go on our "honeymoon" but we did go out to eat and spent the night sitting in the pool beneath the moon.
     Monday brought many emotions including exhaustion as we sought to replace what we could-debit cards, drivers liscence etc  It has been an interesting journey but I think we have both made it to forgiveness and moving on.
     Now the countdown begins to Amanda's wedding and I will update from both with pictures as soon as I can.  The picture above was taken by our son who owns Studio 13 Photography and is one of our "engagement" pictures. 
     Thanks to Jenny and Jonathan most of all for the money, time and preparations but also to Stephen and Amanda, Anthony, everyone who serves, came etc.  This was a wonderful time in our lives through it all.
God bless,
Pat

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 25 years! That is a beautiful photo of you and Billy. I had wondered on the circumstances of the theft - it was stolen right from the church while you were there! Praise God that he protected you. I did not realize that Amanda was immediately moving to another state - that is bittersweet, but a blessing that she has "found" a godly man. God is so good.
    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! Congratulations. The photo is so beautiful.

    Sorry about the mess with your purses. That is a terrible inconvenience. But so happy for you otherwise.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. its cuz im the favorite LOL. Im glad that i got to do it for you! me and hubby are privileged to pull the wedding renewal off for yall! congrats on the 25 years together!

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...