Thursday, July 7, 2011

The little things in life......are the best! I am making memories!

 
Grandbabies playing in the rain!
      I think sometimes when people say they are bored or have nothing to do or moan and groan, its because they don't take the time to appreciate the little things.
     I may not have the money to go away on a vacation to the beach like some people have but I am blessed to have a little 3 foot deep pool in my backyard where I can spend time with my family all summer long.  When we get in the pool, my teenager talks to me and shares his heart; my about to be married daughter asks me questions; I get to spend precious time with my older son and his wife; I get to hear the squeals of laughter from my grands and my hubby and I find a way to reconnect.
     People always go to the snow shack, the frigid frog etc; we make homemade ice cream and snowcones.
     People go to this movie or that theme park.  We go to the free movies in the mornings with the kiddos; we go to redbox and come home and pop some popcorn and pay less than the cost of one of us to go to the movies and we don't have to worry about cellphones going off or people talking.  We eat together, my whole family every Sunday night-we grill out, we make our own homemade pizzas etc.
     Now, is it wrong to do any of that other stuff?  No, but though I might not can afford to do some of them, I can enjoy the small things we can do at home. I can complain or I can appreciate what God has given me.
     I can complain about what I can't do and how I am bored or I can make memories. I am going to play in the rain, take a walk, splash in the pool,  I am making memories!
God bless,
Pat Love

2 comments:

  1. Very true Pat :) I enjoy the little things with my family so much more now that the kids are getting older. I try to burn the images into my memories.I enjoyed my kids so much when they were little but it just seems like as they head so quickly toward adulthood and being on their own that time and activities become more precious. Sometimes being on the low end of the money line is hard but its those small acts of necessity that start new traditions. We learned so much about what we can and can't do without when Todd was without a job for 14 months.Have a blessed day :) ~ Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this -- preach it Sister!!! It's all about attitude -- whether you have $10 or $10,000. It sounds like you lead a very blessed life and you are a blessed mother, wife, and grandmother. Thank you for the small reminders in life :)

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...