Rich Simple Syrup for Lemonade
* 2 cups sugar (you can use any type of white sugar)
* 1 cups water
Bring one cup of water to a slight boil and whisk in sugar until dissolved. Store in a mason jar once cooled in the refrigerator for up to a month. Use to whip up a batch of lemonade in no time.
Note: You can always double or triple this so that you don’t have to make it as often.
Easy Homemade Lemonade
* 1 cup lemon juice-fresh squeezed or you can just buy lemon juice
* 1/2 to 1 cup Simple Syrup (depending upon your desired sweetness)
* 4 cups of water
In a pitcher combine lemon juice and simple syrup, stir in water. Serve immediately over ice or refrigerate until ready to use.
Note: You can also slice lemons and float in the pitcher too....
A nice lemony snack to go with it is this......
Lemon Buddies * 9 cups Rice Chex® cereal
* 1 1/4 cups white vanilla baking chips
* 1/4 cup butter zest of one lemon
* 2 tablespoons juice from the zested lemon
* 2 cups powdered sugar
1. Measure rice chex into a large bowl; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwave safe bowl, microwave chips, butter, and juice uncovered on High 1 minute; stir.
3. Microwave about 20 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Then stir in the lemon zest.
4. Pour the melted mixture over cereal, then carefully until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
5. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; gently shake until well coated. Spread on a cookie sheet to cool. Once cooled, store in airtight container.
I also thought this would be a great gift to drop off to a friend who just needs a pick me up. You could add a tag that says “When life gives you lemons make something sweet”. Then you could also include the recipe on a card. Wouldn’t that just be the perfect thing to cheer someone up!