Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Just something I have been thinking about....

  

  I hope if you are reading this you will bear with me as I share my thoughts.  Lately, I have seen where several people have posted on facebook, on their blogs and in person to me that a true christian should always be positive.  We should never vent, complain, or share anything that is not uplifting and encouraging.
     I have had a couple of people come close to challenging me if I am saved even.  Well, let me say this, first I am saved and I have peace with God so I honestly don't care if you think so, and second, I am not perfect.  I try to live for God but none are perfect save God.  I make mistakes, I have struggles and sometimes I make really bad mistakes.  I try harder to not make them and I feel convicted and go to God alot faster than I did before salvation but I still mess up.  Sometimes I vent, complain and cry.  I try not to alot and I try to praise God and live for Him more but even when I mess up I am still saved and still living for Him.
     I have talked to some of my friends about this who are really good Christians and some who are struggling Christians.  The majority of them say that my struggles show them that it is okay to not be perfect, the thing is we should try our best with God's help and hope.  One lady told me, that I encourage her cause it gives her hope to keep trying. I hope that I encourage more than I discourage.  I love the Lord, I pray for me, my family, my friends, my church family, my missionaries and more.  I read my bible and I try to grow.  Now am I perfect no, I have struggles, one of my biggest is my mouth.  I speak too fast and sometimes too often and sometimes I say stuff I wish I didn't.  Pray for me, please.  Someday I hope I with God's help will overcome, but until then I am going to keep on living for and serving God the best I can. 
     So, if you mess up, get up, ask God for forgiveness,pray, read your bible and try again.  Someday we will win these battles when Jesus comes back to get us. Until then, I will just keep on serving my Jesus and prayerfully win more battles than I lose.  Praying, you do too.
God bless,
Pat

2 comments:

  1. What ALL Christians need to remember Pat is that Christ didn't save our bodies, He saved our souls. Our flesh is still just as nasty and vile as it ever was so of course we will fall. It was never a question for God of if we fall but WHEN we fall. He knows we will, its whether or not we stay down or get up and go again that matters. There is no sin in anger (that whole ANGER and SIN NOT thing lol ) Jesus was angry ( the whole money changer in the Temple deal) Jesus was hurt emotionally (read what he says to His disciples when he finds them sleeping in the garden, you know He was let down ). I don't understand why Christians keep forgetting that Jesus was human and therefore suffered the whole realm of emotions that we do. He had to so that God the Father could "understand" the depth and need of humanity.We are to strive to perfection, to live as righteously as we can but that doesn't mean we live inhumanly. If we were perfect then Jesus' death was in vain and if we are "perfect Christians" then His mercies He gives every morning are in vain cause we shouldn't need them. Just cause I'm a failure in His service doesn't mean I'm a loser of his grace :) I'm human and He LOVES me that way :)Blessings! ~ Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe there's a difference between being honest and sincere and criticizing and complaining. I try to be real, but leave out the gory details that would discourage others. BUT, I'm human too, (shocker) and often fail in this area. It's my biggest struggle, too.

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...