Friday, September 28, 2012

Fall, hot tea and potato soup

 
     I  love fall.....sitting on the front porch swinging, watching the leaves blow and drinking hot tea.  I also start to think about soup, chili and things like that for supper.  One of my favorite soups is potato soup from my friend and neighbor's recipe.  I have tried several but this one is even better tasting and SO simple to make.  It gets better and better as you reheat if there is any left to reheat.  I usually make a double batch as all my family loves it.
     I am Sharing the recipe below, let me know what you think if you try it.....

Deb's Potato Soup

5# to 10# Potatoes
1-2 sticks Margarine
1-2 pkgs. Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits
1-2 cups Milk
Salt & Pepper (to your taste)
Minced onions~dried (to your taste)

Toppings...
Margarine
Sour Cream
Grated Cheddar Cheese
Chives/Green Onions
More Real Bacon Bits, if you like

Peel & cube potatoes (not too small, they'll cook down some) Boil till totally done...add stick margarine, milk, bacon bits, minced onions, salt & pepper. Simmer about 15 more minutes. Serve in bowls with the toppings of your choice. Yummy!!! ENJOY! 
 
God bless,
Pat



No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...