Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Simple Woman's Kitchen and Garden for September 2012

     I have done The Simple Woman's Daybook off and on for awhile now.  This month she started a couple of new things.  One of them is called The Simple Woman's Kitchen and Garden.  You can share recipes,the way you decorate your kitchen, pictures or ideas for gardens etc.  

     I had to go to a meeting recently and had to carry a vegetable but it also had to contain apples.  I looked and looked and finally decided to cook this recipe and let me tell you I will be cooking it again as it was really good.  It is a wonderful fall recipe to I am sharing it with ya'll-hope you like it too.....  

Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Apples


 Ingredients:

  • 4 pounds sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled, sliced (about 8 cups sliced)
  • 1/3 cup butter or margarine
  • 2 large apples, peeled, cored and diced
  • 1/2 cup apple juice
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • dash cinnamon, to taste, optional

Preparation:

Melt butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cook apples until tender. Add the cooked sweet potatoes to the cooked apples; mash until smooth. Stir in apple juice, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Add cinnamon if desired. Heat over low heat until hot.
Serves 6 to 8.

Come join in and share a recipe or something about your kitchen at http://thesimplewomanskitchenandgarden.blogspot.com/

God bless,
Pat

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Pat~

    This recipe sounds YUMMY! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

    Love you~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...