Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I am adopting a child.....you should too......

     I was listening to the radio and they were talking about adopting a child in another country.  They were talking about how you could write them letters, help support them, and make a difference in a child's life.  Now, let me say up front, there is nothing wrong with some of these programs but God has led me in another direction.  I want to share the burden God has laid on my heart and I hope some of you might join me in adopting a child in God's program He showed to me.
     What God said to me was this....you should adopt a child in a foreign country and I was confused at first but then He said, Yes a missionary child.  I asked God what He wanted me to do.  When a missionary surrenders to the Mission's field, the family goes also.  There are so many changes for the whole family including the kids (and wives).  So this is what I am going to do, Stephen and I are adopting a Missionary our church supports kids.  We are going to send cards, little thought gifts and treats.
    Won't you join us and adopt a missionary child too.  Even if you just send little cards etc it would be such a blessing.  This is not a huge commitment or one that will cost a lot (give up eating out even once and see what you could do) but the blessings will be major.  I am also going to adopt the Moma too and hope I can be a blessing to her. 
     If your church does not support missionaries or you don't know who to adopt, let me know and I can get you the address and information of one to support. Maybe you don't have kids at home anymore well just adopt the wife.  I know several this would be a blessing to.
     You could also do this as a class project for homeschool or a class at your church.  So PLEASE join me and adopt a child. The blessings will be out of this world.
God bless,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...