Monday, November 4, 2013

What represents God's love to you?

     


     I was reading on a facebook page that I read quite often, Christian Womanhood,and the link to the page is https://www.facebook.com/ChristianWomanhood?ref=br_tf . Mrs. Loretta Walker talks about a book called "God is Crazy about Me"  that she wrote.  I have not read the book yet but it is on my wishlist of books I want.  In it she encourages ladies to have a personal relationship with God. She recommends reading your bible and also look for things in your life and how God shows you He loves you. She said, 
" One of the things that I was taught was to adopt something that represented God's love." Mine is redbirds.
     Why redbirds?  Years ago I read a book called "Redbirds, Rubies and Rainbows" by Mrs. Marlene Evans who was the founder of Christian Womanhood.  She said little unexpected blessings she called redbirds from God.  I started looking for redbirds and I saw those blessings.  I also started seeing redbirds everywhere.  I might have a need that I had only shared with God and then I would see a redbird and I knew it would be okay.  I saw several the day my Moma passed away.  Now everyone who knows me well represents redbirds with me.  I have people who will see a redbird and they say they stop and pray for me.  Redbirds are just one way God shows me His love and care for me. 
     I also love and miss my Moma so much though I know she is in heaven.  So many times since she has passed we will find pennies.  We find them in the oddest places and at the oddest times.  Like the day my daughter got married, a grand was born or maybe I am just so tired and stressed and I need a hug from Moma and I will find a penny.  I see this as God letting me know Moma loved me and it is okay and I will see her again.
    Mrs Loretta says in the article I read, "Hope you are aware of Him on a daily basis." Are you?  Do you have something that represents Gods love for you?  What would you choose if you were to choose one?

God bless,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...