Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Healthy Harvest Snack (Candy Corn)


     I am Children's Ministries Director at our church and I teach 4-K  children.  They like most of us like snacks sometimes.  Several of the Moma's have said they preferred more healthy snacks for the kids and less candy.  When I think of harvest time and the fall, I think of candy corn.  I have a lesson, complete with craft and coloring sheet that I have used with the kids that relates the trinity to the candy corn, (3 in 1).  Anyway as I was preparing it this year I was thinking I am sure they don't need lots of candy corn which would be the expected snack so I went looking for a healthier alernative and this is what I found.


It is pineapple on the bottom, orange slices(or peaches) in the middle with a little bit of whipped topping on top and then decorated with just a couple of candy corn.  I thought this was a cute, healthy snack.  We will see what the kids think of them in class.

If you make these let me know what your students, family or you think of them.

God bless and Happy Harvest Time,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...