Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Making Your Home A Haven-From My Heart!


(picture from google)

I have been taking a sabbatical at church-which basically for me means that for the month of October I am not teaching or working in classes.  I am going to Sunday school and church services in "big" church.  While I have been off this month I have had some time to search my life and heart.  One of the things that has been on my mind a lot is making my home more of a haven, a place my family wants to come home to, to be together, to enjoy.

As I started to think about what I could do to make it a haven, first I looked up the word to make sure it was what I was dreaming of. When I looked up the definition of haven, the one that caught my eye was this " a place of safety, refuge".   That is what I want, I want my home to be a place where anyone who comes there feels safe, calm, a place where they can relax and rest and feel joy.

Now, how do I do that?  I started with google, it is what I do and these are some ideas I found some ideas and I even found some challenges on some other blogs but this is what I have found so far that is working for us.  
1) I have been burning my Scentsy warmers and candles
2) I put out my crocheted and fleese lap blankets
3) I make sure I have tea made all the time
4) I try to make a pick up run right before I know hubby gets home
5) We have been reading the bible as a family and praying together
6) I made me a Quiet time area in my bedroom

As for us, it is helping, hubby has made comments on how nice the house smells and looks, (everything looks better in candle light).  Tea might not be a big deal in your house but my hubby LOVES a cold glass when he gets home summer or winter.  It is just so peaceful snuggling under a blanket and watching tv together and praying and reading the bible is a winner every time.  Making a space that I feel I can away to and read, listen to music or relax helps me too and this in turn helps the atmosphere of our home.

Now, I am not sure if any of these would interest you or even help making your home a haven, but they have helped mine.  You have to search for what makes yours a haven.  What makes your home a place that your family wants to come home to?  Think on that, and try some ideas and see what happens.

What are your thoughts or ideas about making our homes a haven?  I would love to hear what you think.

God bless,
Pat


No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...