Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Goals and Verses

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
Walt Disney
 
     New Years resolutions just do not happen.  I make them and I break them.  This year I decided to search my life, pray, and set some goals.  I am not sure if I will reach them or not but I know if I do not try then I am already a failure. I made goals in 4 separate areas and a bible verse for each.  So here is my list of goals.....
1)Spiritual---
Mark 1:35 And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
     My first goal is to read my bible through in 2013.  This is a resolution that I have made many times and never kept.  A friend of mine offered to send anybody who emailed her a copy of the bible reading schedule she uses and so I got one and hope it will help me to meet this goal.  If I succeed in this I will also reach another goal which is to have a daily quiet time with God. 
2)Family---
Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
     I want to spend more time with my family.  Life goes quickly and you never know when something could happen.  I want my family to know they are my treasure.  My goal this year is people over things.
 3)Others---  
Philippians 2:3-4
3Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
     I am doing a giveaway of sorts on my blogpage on facebook each month.....https://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-Life-With-The-Loves/201693106596152 
where I will be honoring a lady or young lady that deserves to be honored.  They will receive a little something to let them know someone has noticed them, cares and wants to let them know how special they are. I believe when you bless others God will bless you.  I want to be a blessing to others this year.
4) Health and Self---  
I Corinthians 6:19-20
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
     I am not setting a goal to lose a certain amount of weight or to exercise for a certain amount of time though I hope these will happen.  I just want to be healthier this year.  I am so tired of being sick and I know if I took better care of myself then I would.  I want to work on things that will make me stronger and better.  I know if I reach this goal that it will help me with all of my other goals and areas of life.
      Now will I reach these goals?  Again, I don't know but I do know I am praying that God will give me grace and strength to do my best to.

God bless,
Pat
Jeremiah 29:11

8 comments:

  1. I love your goals for the new year. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals Pat!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. found your blog through the blog hop! I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of linking your goals to God's instructions for us. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I just want God to be a bigger part of my life and I told my son I want every aspect of my life to have God in it. I am hoping with His help to meet my goals and grow in Him.

      Delete
  5. I love this, including God's word makes it even more amazing. Thank you for sharing, I can't wait to read more of your blog.
    Kristle
    http://pretendlikeitstheweekend.com/101-in-100-my-bucket-list/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great things to hope and pray for. Best of luck wit them. I am a new follower from the blog hop and if you have time would love a visit.
    www.jollyjillys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...