Doing something for ourselves doesn’t have to cost a lot of time, money or energy, we just need to realize we are important too and just do it. If we take a few minutes to fill ourselves back up we will feel better and be better able to do for the ones we love also.
1) Bible time-you might not have time to read several chapters a day or maybe not even one, but pick a verse or two and read them and think on them several times a day. Put them in places you will see often, like on the refrigerator, the bathroom mirror, in the laundry room, by the computer or bed.
2) Take a few minutes while the kids are napping or after they go to bed and drink a cup of hot tea, iced tea, lemonade or your favorite soda and just slowly enjoy it, even if it is for just a few minutes,
3) Light a candle or burn some scentsy, the glow of the candle or pleasant smell will calm you.
4) Buy some flowers or pick some from your yard, flowers always make me smile
5) Go for a walk, even if you have to take the little's, the sun and fresh air will make you feel better.
6) Take time to talk to God and listen to Him.
Be still, and know that I am God: