Saturday, January 12, 2013

What would you do if you got that kind of news?

     Have any of ya'll ever heard a song called "Live Like You Were Dying?  Part of the words are
"He said
"I was in my early forties
With a lot of life before me
And a moment came that stopped me on a dime
I spent most of the next days
Looking at the x-rays
Talkin' 'bout the options
And talkin' 'bout sweet time"
I asked him
"When it sank in
That this might really be the real end
How's it hit you
When you get that kind of news?
Man, what'd you do?"
      I have heard the song and mostly listened because it reminded me of my Dad when he found out he had leukemia.  We started thinking of the things he might miss or want to do while he still could.  We prayed for alot more time but God decided otherwise and just 2 short months later my Daddy went home to heaven.  He was not there for my college graduation, my wedding day or to see any of my babies born.  I could focus on all he missed but it is easier if I focus on the time we did have.  You see my Dad almost died when I was five but God allowed him to live for another 16 years.  We crammed alot of living in those years.
     Fast forward to now,I went in for a chest xray to check my lungs cause I could not get over this bout of bronchitis.  They saw something but were sure it was nothing but ordered a CT scan.  The Dr assured me it was probably nothing and at the worst I had pneumonia. So, after having the scan done,my Dr called and said we needed to talk.  I went in for a visit praying she did not have to put me in the hospital.  I was not prepared for the words she said, they found a mass on my lungs. Now, the what do you do when you get that kind of news is on me.
     For me, what I am doing is this, praying, asking others for prayer and having faith in God.  I have a Dr's appointment on the 22nd and we will be scheduling a biopsy to find out what is actually wrong with me.  Now, I have no idea what the news will be but I do know this, God is in control and I believe in Him and no matter what the news is, it is in God's hands.
     I am sharing this not for pity but one maybe some of you will pray and two to share how good God's love is even when the news may not be.
     I will update when I know more......until then......
God bless,
Pat
Jeremiah 29:11
      

3 comments:

  1. I am praying for you Pat, I know Gods loving arms are wrapped around you during this time and he is with you. You are a strong woman of God and I know he has you in the palm of his hands.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, I'm praying for you. You are right, there is nothing else that can be done or said other than to pray. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...