Thursday, June 16, 2016

A Journey to Heal-A Book Review



Childhood sexual abuse has been kept quiet way too long.  We hear so much more now than we ever have.  But even still their are way too many people suffering in silence, wanting to move forward, to heal but not knowing how or even where to begin.  This book is one of the best places I have found to help.



Each chapter from the first to the end is a step, a step towards your healing.  She combines personal experiences and scripture to guide you along.  Each chapter ends with a Journey Essentials section which includes prayer, scripture, journaling and thanksgiving. The order of the steps may vary for each as each suffered in a different way and will heal as individuals too. Through this healing process you will draw closer to you and to God and His love and healing grace.  You will find joy again.  
This book is not just for childhood survivors but friends or family members as they can help with encouragement, support and ultimately healing.  It is a book I highly recommend to anyone who is walking this journey or loves someone who is.


Only God can heal and this book will lead you to Him and steps to His healing.

I was given this book free in exchange for my review but all opinions are my own.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...