Friday, February 17, 2017

Journey Through Life:Date Night Conversations



I have been feeling down, depressed, overwhelmed and sometimes angry for awhile. I have tried so hard to get to a better place. I do better for awhile and then things start making me feel like I am suffocating again. I have tried to pray but sometimes I felt like I wasn't sure if my prayers were even reaching the Lord.


Last night Billy went on a date night for late Valentines since he had to work on the 14th. After we went to eat, we went to Walmart and bought each other something for a gift. We don't do traditional or big but we did have fun picking out the gifts.He wanted a 6 pack of Pepsi's and the first season of "Touched by an Angel" on DVD. I asked for "Bad Moms" on DVD and a "fake" fitbit/watch. He also bought me a teal colored frog cause I needed it,he said.



The best part of the evening though was this, we took a LONG drive, and we had a LONG conversation. We talked about a lot of different things, just light conversation at first and then the talk turned serious. We talked about some of the things we knew were bothering me and things I didn't know were bothering him. I won't discuss what we talked about as it was private but it was good. We now know more of what the other one thinks, feels and wants and not just what we think but what we now know. Some of these seemed tiny to me but were big to him and vice versa. I also learned the Lord has been listening to me all along but I was the one not really listening to Him. Our prayers are always heard, sometimes we just don't listen to what He says in return.
It was a very good conversation. It is also something we will periodically do again in the future. We agreed if we have something to say or ask we will make it a priority and we will discuss it. I have heard some women say their husband won't talk and maybe he won't but maybe he would if you would let him talk and you listen. I recommend couples do as often as they feel necessary for them cause things change as we change but if we don't talk about it, how do we know? Now maybe ya'll already do this and that is good. Maybe we once did but lately we haven't but we sure will continue with this in the future.

Until next time,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...