Thursday, January 18, 2018

Changes, happening, facing, accepting and making!



     I knew when God led me to the word "Change" for this year, well it meant change was going to be coming in my life.  I was hoping for losing the 25 pounds I gained back after losing 80 last year and hopefully losing the rest of the weight I need to lose.  I was hoping to read the bible through this year, focus more on self care, focus more on date nights and spending time with my husband.  I was hoping for more game nights with my family and grands.  These were changes I was ready to welcome and looked forward to.  



     I still look forward to some of these changes I hope but some of the changes that have happened so far this year were not ones I was expecting or even looking forward to.  Not sure some of them are the changes I would have chosen for me or the ones I love but they are the ones that have happened.  However I am learning that if change doesn't happen, life becomes stagnant and sometimes it just brings sadness and not the joy, peace or happiness we want for our lives.  If a butterfly stayed in its cocoon then we would never be able to enjoy the beautiful butterflies.  Getting out of the cocoon is hard work and it even hurts they say but when they emerge, they are a beautiful new creature.  I am not enjoying some of the pain but looking forward to the beauty emerging.


 Something I am slowly learning this year is this,through all this, is this, I am only responsible for me. I am the only one who can truly accept me as I am or change the parts I don't like. I know we need the Lord and He can and will change us but even then we have free will and He won't force it upon us. If you don't like who are where you are, then make a list of changes, put them in order and work the list, well this is what I am learning and doing anyway. I am praying it works for me. I am sharing it also because I hope it helps keep me accountable and maybe it will help someone else too and then that is even better.
  
     No one said change was easy but they do say it is worth it.  I will continue to update on change for this year and will share some of the changes specifically I am working on and facing.  What are you working on this year?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...