Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook {January Edition}

The Simple Woman's Daybook {January Edition}

For Today

Looking out my window... sunny and hope the ice will finally melt away
I am thinking... when God led me to the word change for this year I had no idea the changes that were ahead for me and my family
Still not sure how all the changes are going to play out and prayers still needed and appreciated

I am thankful... it has warmed up some and at least my water is no longer frozen

One of my favorite things... making memories with my grands
 Playing in the snow, we got around 4 inches which is very unusual
Snow ice cream was a must

I am wearing... Tshirt, sweatpants, compression socks, wool socks and tennis shoes

I am creating... spaces for the kids to have more room to play when they are staying at the house with us
I am watching...alot of my friends and my son are telling me to watch "Blue Bloods" on netflix so will be checking that out and also waiting on the new season of "When Calls The Heart"
I am reading... I really want to read my bible all the way through this year in 2018 so am working on a bible plan on YOU Version on my phone

I am listening to... alot of Casting Crowns, one of my favorites is this one

I am hoping... that maybe someone will visit my blog and comment on this or some post, it gets discouraging when no one does, but will keep plugging along either way for me

I am learning... 

In the kitchen... taco soup and cornbread has been requested alot lately
My recipe is this....
Directions
  1. In a medium skillet, cook the ground turkey, venison or beef( we don't eat much beef) until browned over medium heat and drain,
  2.  Add taco seasoning and cook as directed
  3. Place the taco meat, red kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce,crushed or diced tomatoes, in a slow cooker, Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours. 
  4. You can cook on the stove top faster if you need it faster and it is just as good the 2nd day if any is leftover
  5. You can add more meat, and vegetables as needed for how much you want to cook
Board Room
A board I am working on a lot this year is this one

Shared Quote
A moment from my day...




Post Script

If you enjoyed reading my daybook and would like to create one of your own, HERE is the link to the format, guidelines and complete list of prompts.

PSS
If you visit, please leave a comment and I will be glad to visit yours too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...