Monday, November 28, 2011

Sunday Night Family Time!

     When I was a kid, we got together as a family all the time.  I don't just meant the people in my house but I mean all my family.  We got together to share, laugh, eat, the kids played and the adults talked.  It was wonderful.  But times change, people grew older, moved away and those times were over.  You hardly ever hear much about such things anymore.  People have to much to do, too many places to go and are scattered so far apart.
 
     I am blessed to have one son still at home and one who is married but just lives across the street from me.  We share lots of times together but one of my favorites is Sunday night get togethers.  I am not sure when or how it started but every Sunday night we eat together as a family.  We alternate who does main dish and who does sides.  But the food is not the best part though it is always good.  The best part is laughing, talking and sharing.  The best part is watching and being with my grands.  They know who I am and how much I love them. 
     Get togethers may be a little old fashioned and from a time gone by but in my family they are the best time of my week.  If you haven't tried it you should, maybe not every week will work but sure don't let time pass you by before you try.

God bless,
Pat
 

1 comment:

  1. We get together on Friday evenings with Goose and Tang for dinner and games or movies. What a time to relax and enjoy each other!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...