Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving, Black Friday,Movies, Wii and Family!

     It has been a whirlwind last few days and I would not have missed them for anything.
     We had church on Tuesday night so Jenny and I went to the church Wednesday night to have a marathon baking party.  I don't have an oven so I go to the church that has two and can be done in just a little while.  While we were waiting on stuff to bake we worked on future church projects and actually got a lot accomplished actually.
     Thursday Billy and Jonathan cooked lots of hams, turkeys and brisket.  They smoke and deepfry meat for extra Christmas shopping money for me and Jenny.  We ate late lunch with them.  Amanda was not home for the first time in her life and that was weird but she is married now and we have to learn to share. They got here later that night after spending Wednesday and Thursday after spending time with his family first.  We ate leftovers for supper and geared up for shopping.
     Next came the formerly called black Friday shopping and went to Walmart about 9 o'clock to be met with more people than I knew we had in this town all with the same thoughts at us.  They all wanted that one slightly marked down but got to have it item.  It was a nightmare but it is a time I look forward to every year.
     More cooking and then we had "our" thanksgiving.  Ate way too much again, glad there is a month til Christmas cause I probably won't need to eat again until then.  After a break to visit for awhile and Amanda and Anthony went to visit friends, we went to the movies.  It was so nice to just sit and relax for a couple of hours, thanks Jenny for buying my ticket.  
     After the movies and this morning has been filled with Wii contests.  I knocked out Stephen and Billy.  I am undefeated in boxing so far...LOL!  Stephen says having a brother-in-law is not so bad after all, he really enjoyed game time with Anthony.  
     Now, comes the hard part, the see ya next times....Amanda and Anthony are on their way back to Oklahoma and Jonathan and Billy go back to work Monday so back to the normal way of life.  I think I can handle the normal though cause every once in awhile normal is broken up by some pretty special times and any time with my family is special times to me.  I hope your holiday was filled with as many blessings and as much joy as ours was.
God bless,
Pat




No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...