Friday, March 22, 2019

Brave in my physical life in 2019


     Last time I talked about being brave in my Quiet time with the Lord.  Today, I am sharing about my brave battle with my physical health.  I have lost over 80 pounds and then my life went through many unexpected changes.  I let all the stress become my excuse to eat any way I wanted to eat.  I quit caring about me or trying to take care of me.
     At the end of 2018 God showed me if I don't take care of me, I cant be there for anyone.  My word again for 2019 is "Brave", being brave in all areas of my life.  I am working on my physical health as well as other areas.
     Pysically I have been able to stop taking all diabetes medications and cut back on other medications.  I have made 3 main positive changes. 

 They are....
     1) This one should be obvious, making better food choices.  Not just what I eat but how much I eat and why I eat.  I pretty much eat anything I want except really limit fried foods and sweets.  I am not on a specific diet but just making better choices and logging it all on MY FITNESS PAL on my phone.  This has really been a huge help to me.  I don't buy specific food or take diet pills or drink anything special but so far in not quite 2 months I have safely lost 19.6 pounds.  It might not be as fast as some but it is losing and I am happily working along.




      2) Antother positive change is I would go for months, yes months and drink no water.  I am now drinking on average 80 ounces a day.  I have cut back on Diet Dr Pepper to 1-2 a week instead of 3-4 a day.  It has made a huge difference in how I feel.  My Dr wants me to increase the water and I am working on it but made huge strides already.
     3) Another thing I am doing is logging my steps on my Garmin fitbit.  I am no where near where I need to be but I averaage 3000-4000 or more a day.  There were days I barely moved unless I had to.  Now I park further out in the parking lot, I walk just for fun and spend time actually walking with the grands.  I now enjoy walking but know I need to get way more steps but pardon the pun but it is one step at a time.

     I am not where I want to be but I am not where I was and I will go forward and be brave because this is my year and I am worth it.  I hope maybe I can encourage just one person who says "I cant" and they will realize they can if I can.

God bless until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...