Friday, April 15, 2011

How To Pray For Your Husband!

 

Colossians 1:9-10

9)For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

10)That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
           How do you pray for your husband?  Do you pray for your husband?  This is something that God has brought to my attention a lot lately. A preacher at church recently said you will find time to do what is important to you.  My husband is important to me and I know I should pray more for him so I started thinking how I should pray and what I should pray for.  The following is what I have came up with for my husband and me.  I am sharing in the thought that maybe it will help someone or at least challenge them to pray for their husband.
          I bought a journal and on Page 1, I wrote my husbands name.  I first wrote some prayer requests down that are ongoing prayer requests, such as....
1) His relationship with God
2) His relationship with me
3) His relationship with our children and grandchildren
4) His relationship with his coworkers
5) His physical safety each day
6) His spiritual safety each day    
7) His responsibilities at home, work and church
          Then below that I write down requests as he gives them to me or as I observe things or God lays something on my heart.  I write down the request and the date and then I pray until the request is answered.  I leave a space to record the date it was answered so I can look back and see what God has done for us.
         I do better if I have something to look at and remind me what I need to pray for and so the journal idea works for me.  This may or may not work for you. I just challenge you to pray for your husband daily. 
         I am working on other pages for other family members and friends but we will leave that for another blog post.

God bless,
Pat
 

1 comment:

  1. It is a great idea to start a journal. I have developed a habit of praying for my husband as soon as he leaves for work.

    Looking forward to reading more about your prayer journal.

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...