Monday, April 4, 2011

My Spiritual Life? Where am I? Where am I going?

     This is not my bible but if I was honest, this might as well be mine.  I have struggled for a long time if I wanted to even write this post but I finally have decided I need to be honest even only with myself and God, if it helps someone else well that is even better.
      I do alot "for" God is what I have said lots of times.  I am Children's church Director, Kids of the King Director, I teach Children's church, I work in the nursery, I am over Moms meeting and I help with everything I can in the church.  But, I don't spend alot of time with God.  I read my bible enough to teach my class or in church but that is about it.  I have lots of excuses why but that is all they are, excuses. 
     What happened to studying the bible?  What happened to reading it daily?  I say, "I meant to", "It got too late", "I don't have time in the morning", "It was bedtime before I new it", "I am just so busy". Any of that sound familiar?  Those are just some of my excuses and they are just that, excuses.  Yes, I do live a busy life but if I am too busy for God, is any of it worth it? Is facebook, movies, a book, shopping, etc more important than God?  They must be as I spend more time with them than Him.
    
       I have been so convicted of this lately and I am just not happy where I am.  I am always so tired from "doing" and I just don't want to "do" anymore.  Now, I don't want to just stop doing for God but I do want to make more time for Him.
      My plans after much thought is this---  I plan to read my bible daily, not a set number of verses but just read until I feel like I got what God wanted to give me.  I have a book called "Women of the Bible, a one-year devotional study" and they are short little devotions and  I am going to start doing it. 
      Where would I be without God?  I know God has answered so many prayers for me and the ones I love and His Son died for ME and it is about time, I started living for Him.  Will I suddenly be perfect?  No, none are perfect except Jesus but I do want to try to do better and with God's help, I will be. Check back with me to see how things are going?  Share with me, what do you do, what helps you?  I love to learn from others too.
God bless,
Pat

    




2 comments:

  1. Ps. 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. God bless you for your transparency and gaining a clear conscience. I know that many will be blessed.
    {{{hugs}}}
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pat, I received your prayer request on my devotional blog. Please know I am praying for you.

    No wonder you are tired! You have a huge list of areas in which you serve...not including your biggest ministry at home.

    Would you be willing to give up any of those activities? I don't mean all of them but could you step down from one or two? I know this is hard in a lot of churches. There is a lot of pressure.

    Do any of your groups take a break for the summer? That would allow time for the ministry to find someone else to replace you without disruption.

    I admire your enthusiasm for the Lord and His people. I will be praying that He guides you into exactly where He wants you to be.

    {{{{HUGS}}}}

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...