Skip to main content

My Spiritual Life? Where am I? Where am I going?

     This is not my bible but if I was honest, this might as well be mine.  I have struggled for a long time if I wanted to even write this post but I finally have decided I need to be honest even only with myself and God, if it helps someone else well that is even better.
      I do alot "for" God is what I have said lots of times.  I am Children's church Director, Kids of the King Director, I teach Children's church, I work in the nursery, I am over Moms meeting and I help with everything I can in the church.  But, I don't spend alot of time with God.  I read my bible enough to teach my class or in church but that is about it.  I have lots of excuses why but that is all they are, excuses. 
     What happened to studying the bible?  What happened to reading it daily?  I say, "I meant to", "It got too late", "I don't have time in the morning", "It was bedtime before I new it", "I am just so busy". Any of that sound familiar?  Those are just some of my excuses and they are just that, excuses.  Yes, I do live a busy life but if I am too busy for God, is any of it worth it? Is facebook, movies, a book, shopping, etc more important than God?  They must be as I spend more time with them than Him.
    
       I have been so convicted of this lately and I am just not happy where I am.  I am always so tired from "doing" and I just don't want to "do" anymore.  Now, I don't want to just stop doing for God but I do want to make more time for Him.
      My plans after much thought is this---  I plan to read my bible daily, not a set number of verses but just read until I feel like I got what God wanted to give me.  I have a book called "Women of the Bible, a one-year devotional study" and they are short little devotions and  I am going to start doing it. 
      Where would I be without God?  I know God has answered so many prayers for me and the ones I love and His Son died for ME and it is about time, I started living for Him.  Will I suddenly be perfect?  No, none are perfect except Jesus but I do want to try to do better and with God's help, I will be. Check back with me to see how things are going?  Share with me, what do you do, what helps you?  I love to learn from others too.
God bless,
Pat

    




Popular posts from this blog

Happy 16th Birthday Stephen Austin Love!

From this little baby born on April 7, 1995 to the wonderful young man you have became April 7, 2011 Moma and Daddy were so blessed the day you were born and grow more blessed with each passing year.  I pray God will richly bless you this year.  Let Him be your guide and follow Him and do His will and you will be right where you need to be.  We love you! God bless, Moma & Daddy

What If?

Saw this on a friends blog and had to share-Before you gripe about another petty something about your spouse or child-think how how you would feel if you woke up without them tomorrow. Man this hit me in the face and really made me really think! :(
     Then, I found this quote above about what if you woke up today with only what you thanked God for yesterday.  Who or what would you still have?  Would you have your spouse, your kids, your friends, your home, car, anything?  Again, this really made me think and I ashamed to say I am not sure I like my answers to the above questions.
     I cannot change the past as none of us can but I am going to really work on changing my answers and my life.  I know I need to really work on this but I am sharing it in the hope it might help others as well.  
God bless,
Pat


Does Anyone? And a giveaway!

Sometimes I wonder does anyone even read here.  I wonder if this blogs time has come and gone.  I sometimes think, well I will just write for me and use it like a diary of sorts.  I am just not sure what to do.  I really enjoy writing the blog but......
     I decided I am going to continue for at least the month of February and see what happens.  Since February is the month of love and my last name is "Love" and I am trying to decide if I love this blog anymore, I am going to to have a "Love" giveaway. All you have to do to be entered to have a chance to win is leave a comment on this post on my blog.  I will choose a winner from all the comments.


Until next time or until I choose a winner of the giveaway, Pat