Friday, December 9, 2011

Stressed or blessed?

     I will be the first to tell you I am blessed.  I have always been taught to be a blessing and receive a blessing.  Now this does NOT mean you can do something for someone and just set back and say, "okay, now Jesus, where is my blessing?" It doesn't work that way.  I try to find a way each day to find someone to be a blessing to.  If you look, you will find them.  Don't forget those in your own home, they need blessings too.
     However, the last few days and weeks, I have felt a little overwhelmed and stressed out.  We have had lots of doctor appointments, Stephen's surgery, preparing for Christmas programs at church, home, life, Moms group, Childrens church, homeschool.  Wow, just typing it makes me tired.  I was getting down in to being so stressed and just knowing I cannot possibly get this all done.  Yet, it all comes together and God just keeps blessing.  This week alone, ladies from our church are providing supper every night so that I can concentrate on caring for Stephen and doing what I need to do.  I have bought nothing for Christmas and yet Billy got an unexpected bonus at work so now I get to go shopping for a little Christmas.  I could go on and on.  As I said I know I am blessed even as I am stressed.
     I was looking on google for a picture for this blog post and I found something, it really touched me and made me stop and think.  I hope it will be a blessing to you too.
     So yeah, I still feel a little overwhelmed and stressed but I think I will try to be more overwhelmed with Jesus than with life, how about you?
God bless,
Pat
   


1 comment:

  1. I love that poem and the reminder to be a blessing to others. Thanks for sharing! I will be praying for you in the coming weeks. I hope things get less stressful for you! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...