Saturday, September 7, 2013

Letter Writing-a thing of the past or still a treasure?

     We live in an electronic age, people carry their phone, tablet, IPad, computer everywhere they go.  People send emails and texts around the world in a matter of seconds.  We can talk to a friend like they are on our front porch even though they are thousands of miles away.
     There is nothing wrong with any of that.  However, when is the last time you sent a real letter or received one in the mail?  I love opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend.  Even if it is only a few lines on a card, it means they took the time to think of me, write me and mail it to me.
     When I was in college and when we first moved away from home, Moma wrote me faithfully at least once a week.  My kids call me a packrat or a hoarder but I sure am glad I saved some of those letters that Moma wrote.  Moma has been gone for almost 6 years and it feels so good to be able to go back and read the words she wrote, where she told me she loved me and more.  They are a treasure to me.
     Emails and texts are nice but you might never know what a card or letter would do for someone.  Take that few minutes while you are waiting at the Dr or something and ask God who you can be a blessing to and write that card or letter. You might just open your mailbox one day and get a card or letter back from them also.  It might just make your day so get out those cards and paper and pen and start writing.

God bless,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...