Skip to main content

Letter Writing-a thing of the past or still a treasure?

     We live in an electronic age, people carry their phone, tablet, IPad, computer everywhere they go.  People send emails and texts around the world in a matter of seconds.  We can talk to a friend like they are on our front porch even though they are thousands of miles away.
     There is nothing wrong with any of that.  However, when is the last time you sent a real letter or received one in the mail?  I love opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend.  Even if it is only a few lines on a card, it means they took the time to think of me, write me and mail it to me.
     When I was in college and when we first moved away from home, Moma wrote me faithfully at least once a week.  My kids call me a packrat or a hoarder but I sure am glad I saved some of those letters that Moma wrote.  Moma has been gone for almost 6 years and it feels so good to be able to go back and read the words she wrote, where she told me she loved me and more.  They are a treasure to me.
     Emails and texts are nice but you might never know what a card or letter would do for someone.  Take that few minutes while you are waiting at the Dr or something and ask God who you can be a blessing to and write that card or letter. You might just open your mailbox one day and get a card or letter back from them also.  It might just make your day so get out those cards and paper and pen and start writing.

God bless,
Pat

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 16th Birthday Stephen Austin Love!

From this little baby born on April 7, 1995 to the wonderful young man you have became April 7, 2011 Moma and Daddy were so blessed the day you were born and grow more blessed with each passing year.  I pray God will richly bless you this year.  Let Him be your guide and follow Him and do His will and you will be right where you need to be.  We love you! God bless, Moma & Daddy

What If?

Saw this on a friends blog and had to share-Before you gripe about another petty something about your spouse or child-think how how you would feel if you woke up without them tomorrow. Man this hit me in the face and really made me really think! :(
     Then, I found this quote above about what if you woke up today with only what you thanked God for yesterday.  Who or what would you still have?  Would you have your spouse, your kids, your friends, your home, car, anything?  Again, this really made me think and I ashamed to say I am not sure I like my answers to the above questions.
     I cannot change the past as none of us can but I am going to really work on changing my answers and my life.  I know I need to really work on this but I am sharing it in the hope it might help others as well.  
God bless,
Pat


Does Anyone? And a giveaway!

Sometimes I wonder does anyone even read here.  I wonder if this blogs time has come and gone.  I sometimes think, well I will just write for me and use it like a diary of sorts.  I am just not sure what to do.  I really enjoy writing the blog but......
     I decided I am going to continue for at least the month of February and see what happens.  Since February is the month of love and my last name is "Love" and I am trying to decide if I love this blog anymore, I am going to to have a "Love" giveaway. All you have to do to be entered to have a chance to win is leave a comment on this post on my blog.  I will choose a winner from all the comments.


Until next time or until I choose a winner of the giveaway, Pat