Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Jesus didn't throw the clay away!

     Recently our pastor, Bro J.D.  preached a sermon on the Potter and the Clay.  I have heard this preached many times but this time it really made a big impact on me.  I want to share some of my notes from that sermon with you and I hope it will be a blessing to you too.
     Jeremiah 18:1-6 was his scripture text but the part that really spoke to me was verse 6b Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand,.  When a potter is making something from clay, he chooses what the vessel will be.  God already chose before we were born what He wanted us to be.  To make that vessel the potter has to mold it and make it. As we live our life and things that we experience  or happens to us helps to mold us and what we become.  If we read Gods word, attend church and live for God we will be molded into a vessel of honor and we can be an honor to God.  If we live in the world and the trash it has to offer then the vessel will not mold correctly.  As the potter molds his vessel he chips away the clay that does not smooth or mold well, this is when God removes the sin from our life.  Sometimes the potter must add water to the clay to help it become what he wishes it to be.  For us to become who and what we should we need to have the Living water applied and that is the Word of God.  To get this water we need to have a daily walk with God.  We don't eat just once or twice a week and we need to get in Gods word more than just at church so God can mold you.  Just as the clay yields to the potter we need to yield our lives to God.
     Are you letting God mold you and make you, is the Water getting applied daily and are you becoming a vessel of Honor or are you just a clump of useless clay?  Remember the potter does not throw away the clay and God will never give up on us so you can let the Potter mold you starting now, will you?

God bless,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...