Thursday, November 7, 2019

Thursday Thankful from A Month of Thankfuless and Handwritten Letters



As I was thinking about what I am thankful for today, my little granddaughter excitedly asked could she go check the mailbox.  I was thinking, wow she is so excited to check it when I know it will only have bills, advertisements and junk mail of various types.  I cannot remember the last time I got excited about getting the mail.  I would love to open and see a handwritten letter from a friend in there.  I started thinking though when is the last time I wrote one.
I opened a blog I like to read sometimes and she too was writing about handwritten letters.  She wrote about how no one writes them anymore but the joy we have when we receive one.  I cannot control if I receive one but I am going to start writing more and sending them out.  This is the perfect season when we can't get out as often.  It will be a blessing to sit at night and write to some friends.  I pray that it will bring joy to their faces when they open their mailbox and see a letter from me.
The more I have thought about it the more excited I have gotten for this adventure.  Maybe I might even one day or my granddaughter might open my mailbox one day and it will have gone from a sad one full of junk to a happy one with a letter back from a friend far away or even near who has joined me in this adventure of writing letters again.
When is the last time you sent a handwritten letter or note?  Fall and winter seems to be the perfect time to maybe dust off the paper, pick up the pen and send some joy to someone.  

Until next time,
Pat
PS I am thankful for handwritten letters 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...