Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bible Reading Journey!

     Every year on the first Sunday in January our church has bible day.  We have the Director of the BEAMS ministry come and speak. https://www.facebook.com/beamsbibles?fref=ts They print and send whole bibles to missionaries around the world.  They print them in multiple languages so people can have a bible they can read.  
     Every year he also passes out bible reading charts so that you can mark off as you read a chapter in the bible.  The goal is that you will try to read the bible through in a year.  If you send it in after completing it then they will send you a certificate of completion.  I have tried and failed many times.  I am sad to have I have never read the whole bible in my life.  This year I decided I would try.  I have a couple of new friends who are holding me accountable and checking on me.  So far as of today I will complete chapter 27 of Genesis.  
     True I have a long ways to go to reach my goal.  I do know that if you reach for nothing you will reach it everytime.  I don't want to reach nothing so I am reaching for something.  I will be checking back in here periodically to let ya'll know how I am doing.  Anybody want to join me on this journey?  It is never too late to start.

God bless,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...