Thursday, January 2, 2014

Goal # 2

     My first goal this year was spiritual as I want to make my walk and relationship with God my first priority. My second goal is family and my relationship with my husband and family. I also want this relationship to be stronger.
     My plan to do that is to spend more time with them.  You spend time on what is important to you and I want them to know they are important to me.  To achieve this I started looking at ways I could do this.  I am sure these won't be the only things but they are a starting point.
     Specific goals under this are:
               1) Bi-weekly date night with my hubby-these may be simple or more extravagant but will be time and plans just for us.  I also want to just make spending time with him more of a priority with him even if I have to watch a movie or do something that is not my first choice but is his.
               2) We have family supper every Sunday night together but I want to go further with this.  I want to have at least bi-weekly game nights to get together and have fun.
               3) This is Stephen's last semester of school before graduation and I want to not only focus on doing the required work but that we truly enjoy and treasure this time together.
               4)I am starting a positive reinforcement thing with the grands when they are at my house. I know kids need discipline but God has been laying on my heart to not only discipline disobedience but reward more on obedience.
     Some of these may seem silly or things that should just be done.  I can honestly say though that some of them have gotten lost in my business of life and I want to get back to who and what is truly important to me. What about you?  Any goals or plans you have that you want to share?
God bless,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...