Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Catch up-MIL day, Making your home a haven and Autumn through my eyes!



Ever get so busy and before you realize you are behind on everything?  That is how I am feeling right now.  I saw this graphic and thought it was perfect.
So here goes, first I am catching up on my Autumn Through My Eyes! Days 19-22
Bird bath

Chickens looking for food

Baby Piper born this October day

 Also I am sure many of you have never heard of Mother-in-law's day and I had not either until the first year my son and his wife were married.  It is the last Sunday in October each year.  My Daughter-in-law has never missed remembering me or the day.  This year she gave me these adorable salt & pepper shakers.  I collect them and I love all things pumpkin so they are perfect for me as she is for our family.


Also this is the last week for the Make your Home a Haven challenge for this year.

This week’s challenge:
Focus on the kitchen, the heart of the home.
Cook things with pleasant aromas like homemade bread, pies, and cookies. Don’t wait to have a reason to make something special – do it simply to show love to your family. Invite your kids and/or hubby to cook along side of you – make memories in the kitchen – test tasting, being creative, laughing and loving. Remember the importance of dinner time around the table as a family.  Work on showing love, goodness and faithfulness to your family this week.
I hope your candle is still burning, the music is playing, and you are spending time showing your family they are special, whether it is by playing some games, watching a movie while snuggled together or baking them a special treat.  The challenge is over for this year but it is one I plan to try and continue all through out the year with my family.
God bless and I hope you have enjoyed catching up with me.
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...