Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Over committing? I do, do you? How do we stop?

     Overcommitted?  I tend to do it to myself over and over.  Someone needs something done and they ask me and I say, yes.  I say yes, way too often.  I end up tired, stressed out and wanting to quit not only what I am working on but everything.  Do any of you ever do this?  How do you keep from doing it?  
     I have been guilty of this so many times.  I tell myself, well it needs to be done;no one else wants to do it;it's a good thing;they want me to do it or they would not have asked;who will do it if I don't?  I did this so much last year and ended the year overwhelmed, exhausted and really not very happy.  I thought I was being a good Christian and that I was just not organized or I could handle it all better.
     I have been praying though and looking at different ways to get organized, which I really need to do, but as I have read and prayed, I finally saw something else.  I don't have to do it all, I shouldn't even attempt it.  So this year, when asked to do something, or I see something that needs to be done, I am going to first ask God what He wants me to do;I am going to look at what I already am committed to do;I am going to think and then I will say yes or no, I will ask for help and I will not feel guilty either way.  
     Now, will I still be busy this year?  yes, I am married, a mother, grandmother,homeschool, Children's ministries director at church, and more.  But I won't be (as) frazzled cause I will be in God's will for my life and not the worlds.  
I don't want to look like this in 2011....
     I am sharing this not just to tell ya'll where I am, was, or will be.  I am not sharing to complain or brag but because I see too many women out there just like this, just like me.  We do not need to do this, this is not what God wants for us.  So this year, slow down,and pray before you answer; say yes or say no but say what God wants you to say. As a Christian, we should have joy, not exhausted, stressed out and ready to scream.  I hope that this will help at least one lady out there the way the Lord has helped me and that is why I am sharing.
God bless,
Pat

1 comment:

  1. Very wise advice, Pat. I learned this in Boundaries. I never had many Boundaries until reading that book and then I realized it was okay. How freeing!
    Have a blessed week!

    Shawnee

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...